martes, 6 de marzo de 2012

Regrets, I've Had a Few: #1 Rimmel Mascaras


I love posts like this because there's nothing worse than spending a ton of money on a product that's less than satisfactory. Of course, it has to be taken with a pinch of salt, everyone has different tastes, but it's nice to have a general idea of what to avoid. My first post in this series is (obviously) about rimmel mascaras. Yes they are a very popular brand but I really don't think they've delivered.

From the moment I unscrew a mascara I can tell whether or not I'll like it. The rubbish ones have an almost  liquid like consistency that's all gloppy at the tip. And that's exactly what almost every rimmel mascara's like  (that I've tried). So what's my big problem? They clump your lashes so that you look like you've just got out the bath, the ends of your lashes appear to bend into a black blob, and the big brushes give your eyelids a nice coating too. 

It has to be said, I haven't had this with all rimmel mascara's. "Sexy curves" and "lash accelerator" didn't give me the wet lashes look, they worked rather well. So I've come to the conclusion that the weird effects of the formula can be overcome if you buy a mascara with a rubber brush (lash accelerator has a different formula) or just avoid their brand. 

Please do note that this is purely my opinion, conjured from my past experiences. I guess you'd have to see for yourself. Maybe it's just my lashes?

Until next time, 
Tam 
xxx

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario